Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I just finished reading a book called Pilgrimage to Warren Buffett's Omaha : A Hedge Fund Manager's Dispatches from Inside the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting by Jeff Matthews. I realized that I want to be the next Warren Buffett. I love the idea of studying companies and management and deciding who I want to own. At this point, I am looking at owning small chunks(Shares)of companies, whereas Mr. Buffett buys the whole company. This is one guys journey, with limited starting resources, to become a successful and educated investor. I hope those that are overwhelmed by the terms IRA, 401K, Roth Ira, Dow Jones, and investing in general well see that anyone can learn and have fun growing wealth!

2 comments:

  1. I read this book as well, it sounds like a fun little convention to go to. It's just hard to justify a trip to Omaha to the Mrs. when we have so many other "fun" places to visit.

    (p.s. it easier to post a comment as Name/URL than any of the given options.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could just come up with $122,000 to become a shareholder!! :) Thank you for the tip on the Name/URL. I believe I have fixed it now.

    ReplyDelete